Whipped Spicy Feta
Called ktipiti in Greek, whipped spicy feta is as versatile as your imagination will let it be.
- 1 green Annaheim or long Italian frying peppers seeded and chopped
- 1 - 3 fresh red chili peppers roasted, peeled seeded (to taste)
- 1 pickled green Greek peppers pepperoncini, seeded
- 2 tbs. fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 lb./440 g. Greek feta crumbled
- 75 ml. extra virgin greek olive oil
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Strained juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Tabasco optional to taste
- Mash peppers and oregano in food processor.
- Add and process feta to a smooth puree, adding olive oil as you pulse. Add lemon juice in increments, tasting after each addition. Adjust heat level with black pepper and Tabasco.
- Serve in a large bowl with toasted pita wedges and crudite.