Hummus With Squash And Pumpkin Seeds
PUMPKIN SEEDS NUTRITION FACTS: Pumpkin seeds contain many antioxidants, iron, zinc, magnesium, and several other nutrients and plant compounds. There are many ways to incorporate them into your diet: As a snack, raw or cooked, salted or unsalted. They can be added to granola, Greek yogurt, and smoothies. Also, they can be added to any meal, including soups, salads, and baked goods.
- 1 15- oz. can chickpeas plus more for garnish
- 1 cup pumpkin puree or roasted pumpkin
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin Greek olive oil plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Rinse and drain the canned chickpeas.
Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Add a dash of water if the hummus is too thick, and adjust seasonings to your preference.
Once it's ready, spread it in a bowl and garnish with olive oil, chickpeas, and pumpkin seeds.