Creamy Lemon-Caper Greek Yogurt Sauce
Great with grilled meats, chicken and fish.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 4 spring onions or scallions chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tsp whole grain flour
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt or 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 tsp fresh strained lemon juice
- 2 tsp capers rinsed, strained and chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the spring onions and garlic for 6-7 minutes until soft. Sprinkle with flour. Cook for 2 more minutes stirring constantly. Add the wine. When it evaporates, add the chicken stock. Simmer until slightly thick for 6-7 minutes. Add the mustard and cayenne pepper and stir. Add the yogurt or cream and heat well. Stir in the lemon juice and capers. Great with
This sauce is great with barbecued meats, especially ribs and lamb chops.