Chilled Peach Soup with Ginger, Honey & Yogurt
Forget peaches 'n' cream. Go for this chilled soup, spiced up with ginger, honey and Greek yogurt. You'll want to use really high-quality monovarietal Greek honey to make this soup extra special. You can find a range as well as other artisinal Greek products at my online shop here, where you'll discover a host of lovingly curated Greek ingredients.
- 4 large ripe peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 small yellow or red bell pepper finely diced
- 3 fresh ripe apricots seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons Greek honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or fig vinegar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Salt to taste
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Greek honey for garnish
- Pink peppercorns for garnish
- Macerate the peaches, pepper, apricots, ginger, honey, salt, balsamic or fig vinegar, and half the yogurt in a bowl overnight, refrigerated.
- Transfer the contents to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, adding the remaining yogurt and enough water to reach a velvety, silky consistency. Season to taste with salt and additional honey or vinegar. Refrigerate to chill, for about 1 hour.
- Pour the soup into shallow bowls and garnish with a drizzling of honey, fresh mint and a pinch of pink peppercorns.
- Note: You can also sprinkle a little Greek feta or manouri cheese on top, or serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt.