Tagliatelles with Shaved Greek Avgotaraho
Botargo, or avgotaraho, has been a luxurious local food since at least the Byzantine era. Most Greek avgotaraho comes from the marshlands on the western coast of mainland Greece. This pasta dish is exquisite and very simple to prepare.
- ½ kilo 1lb tagliatelles or other ribbon-shaped pasta
- 6 tbsp extra virgin Greek olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Greek avgotaraho botargo thinly sliced or crumbled*
- Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil and cook the pasta til al dente. Drain.
- Toss the pasta with olive oil, botargo, pepper and lemon zest. Garnish with a little extra botargo and serve.