Superfood Arugula Salad with Pomegranate, Pine Nuts and Tomatoes
A Greek salad doesn’t always have to be the classic Greek recipe for one! It should be seasonal and this winter salad is both light and bright, a perfect example of the green Mediterranean diet, packed with superfoods and drizzled with delicious extra virgin Greek olive oil.
- 4 cups baby or wild arugula
- 1 cup teardrop or cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
- Arils of ½ a pomegranate
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or other mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic
- Greek sea salt to taste
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin Greek olive oil
Place the arugula in a mixing bowl. Add the tomato halves.
Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing.