Ingredients (serves 4)
2.2 lbs. / 1 kilospinach
1 lb. / 500 g penne
4 tbsp. extra-virgin Greek olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed and coarsely chopped
4 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
¼ cup dark raisins, soaked in ½ cup water
Salt and freshly ground pepper
½ cup blanched almonds or pine nuts, lightly toasted
1. Steam the spinach in a large frying pan, without oil, to wilt. Drain well.
2. Boil the penne in a large pot of salted water, according to package instructions. Strain the penne and toss with 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
3. In a separate frying pan over low flame, heat the remaining olive oil and sauté the garlic and anchovies. Stir with a wooden spoon and mash the anchovies.
4. Add the spinach and stir well.
5. Add the raisins and water, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Finally, add the almonds or pine nuts and cook for another minute.
7. Place the penne in a bowl and toss with the spinach mixture.