Ikarian Longevity Potato Salad w/ Marigold Leaves & Chives
Did you know that marigold leaves are delicious? Try this easy summer potato salad seasoned with spicy fresh marigold leaves, chives, and parsley. To find some of the artisinal Greek products you'll need to make this, visit my online shop here, where you'll discover a host of lovingly curated Greek ingredients.
- 1 1/2 pounds/ 750 g unpeeled small new potatoes, preferably organic, scrubbed
- Coarse sea salt to taste
- ½ cup chives coarsely chopped
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup marigold leaves whole
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ - 2/3 cup Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar optional
- Once you scrub and rinse the potatoes and remove any tough black eyes on their surface, place in a pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Add about a tablespoon of salt. Simmer for 20 minutes or so, until fork tender. Remove immediately, drain and rinse in cold water.
- Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl and toss with all the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately. Salad is best warm!
Go to my online Greek specialty food shop for a range of traditional and artisanal delicacies from all over Greece.