Greek Salad with Tomatoes, Red Peppers & Olives
FUN FACT: The darker the vinegar, the more antioxidants it is likely to contain, and we all know by now that antioxidants and anti-aging go hand in hand!
- 4 large firm, vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into 6 wedges each
- 1 yellow onion peeled and sliced into thin rings
- 2 red bell peppers seeded and cut into thin rings
- ⅓ cup good-quality Greek green olives pitted if desired
- ¼ cup extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Greek sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
Layer the salad in a serving bowl as follows: First the tomatoes, then the onions, peppers, and olives.
Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour over the salad, let stand for 10 minutes at room temperature, sprinkle with parsley and serve.