Glazed Carrots with Pomegranate & Raisins
This Greek recipe for glazed carrots calls for some of my favorite traditional Greek ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, Corinthian currants and petimezi, which is grape molasses. You can find them all online!
- 4 large carrots
- 3 tbsp Greek EVOO
- 1 two-inch knob of ginger peeled and grated
- 4 – 5 allspice berries
- 2 tablespoons Petimezi (grape molasses)
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- Juice of ½ an orange
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Corinthian currants or seedless dark raisins
- Arils of 1 pomegranate (1 cup)
- 3 – 4 tablespoons fresh chopped mint leaves
Heat olive oil and add carrots.
Cook, covered, for 10 min until softened but al dente.
Add ginger, allspice berries, salt to taste, petimezi, maple syrup, orange juice and balsamic.
Cook for a few minutes.
Add the currants or raisins and the pomegranate arils.
Garnish with mint and serve.
Want to learn more easy, healthy Mediterranean diet recipes? Sign up for my online course “Mastering the Mediterranean!“