Whole Cauliflower Roasted with Mustard, Honey, Feta & Garlic
Cauliflower has gone way beyond banal and this delicious recipe is one way to turn it, no pun intended, on its head! Savory and beautifully charred, this recipe is a perfect side dish to festive meats, a vegetarian main course in its own right, and perfect for one of the luscious Greek red wines from the Monemvassia region of the Peloponnese. To find some of the artisinal Greek products you'll need to make this, visit my online shop here, where you'll discover a host of lovingly curated Greek ingredients.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 4 cloves garlic cut into slivers
- 1/2 cup Vrisi 36 BOLD extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Vrisi 36 sun-dried tomato mustard
- 2 teaspoons Greek honey
- 1 tablespoon Vrisi 36 Greek balsamic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat to 450F / 220C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and cut off enough of the stem so that it is level with the bottom of the head, enabling the cauliflower to stand upright on the baking sheet.
- Take a few slivers of garlic at a time and gently push them in between the florets, essentially stuffing the cauliflower all around with garlic.
- Whisk together the olive oil, 2 tablespoons mustard, the honey and vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet and brush the entire outside and inside with the olive oil mixture. Roast the cauliflower until beautifully browned and tender, about 50 minutes to one hour. You can insert a long skewer inside the caulflower to see if it’s done. It should pass through smoothly.
- Meanwhile, combine the parsley and feta in a small bowl. Brush the remaining mustard all over the surface of the roasted cauliflower and rubwith the parsley-feta mixture. Roast another 5 minutes, or until the feta melts. Remove and serve, with lemon wedges.
Go to my online Greek specialty food shop for a range of traditional and artisanal delicacies from all over Greece.