Ikarian Longevity Potato Salad w/ Marigold Leaves & Chives
An easy potato salad seasoned with spicy fresh marigold leaves, chives and parsley.
- 1 1/2 pounds/ 750 g unpeeled small, new potatoes, preferably organic, scrubbed
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- ½ cup chives, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup fresh, flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup marigold leaves, whole
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ - 2/3 cup Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar (optional)
- Once you scrub and rinse the potatoes and remove any tough black eyes on their surface, place in a pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Add about a tablespoon of salt. Simmer for 20 minutes or so, until fork tender. Remove immediately, drain and rinse in cold water.
- Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl and toss with all the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately. Salad is best warm!
Greek Food - Greek Cooking - Greek Recipes by Diane Kochilas http://www.dianekochilas.com/